HALLWAY RENOVATION (with pics )

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, thought id post some hallway renovation pictures. Its still a work in progress as i've been extending my home as well. Jobs i've done, stripped walls, removed a beautiful carpet! ;) laid tiles, fitted coving, removed landing rad, fitted doors and new casings, changed position of loft hatch, fitted door furniture, new skirting, sanded the walls several times, painted etc etc....the list goes on. Had a part P sparky mate help with electrics. Pleased to say everything else was a solo effort. Thanks for all the support and replies on this forum.....

STAIRSUPBEFORE.jpg

OUTSIDELIGHTWIRE.jpg

STAIRSDOWNBEFORE.jpg

DSC01267.jpg

HALLWAYLIGHTSBEFORE.jpg

LANDINGWINDOWBEFORE.jpg

DSC01259.jpg

DSC01361.jpg

LANDINGLIGHT.jpg

LIGHTSAFTER.jpg

NEWDOORS.jpg

TILESAFTER.jpg

WINDOWAFTER.jpg

Sponsored Links
:LOL: Ah.... yes 4 X 50watt! :LOL: we like it bright. It doubles up as a solarium. You just reminded me that I may need to get some lower wattage bulbs. Looks great when there on though, really sets off the smooth walls ;) each to there own!

Dont use lower wattage bulbs - if you dont need so much light, use 2 LED replacements opposite corners. They aren't very functional, but perfect for this, IMO. only about 2 watts each.

Sponsored Links
Ive got the same colour scheme in my lounge, went for a gold carpet, looks great, not sure how it would wear on the hallway though!

did you notch the joists to fit those downlighters? they look to line up with the joists visible in the earlier photo..

that curtain rail looks a little low on the right also.. about 4mm... ;)

Joists were notched.... sharp eye on the curtain rail! :D its now level just a quick tighten of the screws on one side.

that was my concern..

you've also weakened the floor structure.. notching the underside of beams is a big no-no..

why didn't you just install 2 in the middle of the gap?

and level eyesight is just one of my many annoying habits.. my mates hate me for being critical all the time..

Joists were notched? you misunderstood me, they were just notched to allow the lighting circuit cable through. Then covered with a metal protective strip.. Its a really old post so answered your reply yesterday quickly. the lights have 200mil clearance from the side of the joists as well, no matter how it looks on the pics. There also fire rated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back