German Police

Sponsored Links
Our right to protest is extremely important and should be protected.

However ...

When a protest causes severe disruption to the general public (and yes that's what they often want to do) as I've said before, this should be the process:

Allow 30 mins protest then advise protestors to cease and disperse. If they don't then instigate a three phase escalating tactic, namely:

Water cannon.
Tear gas.
Taser.

Our right to protest is extremely important and should be protected.

However ...

When a protest causes severe disruption to the general public (and yes that's what they often want to do) as I've said before, this should be the process:

Allow 30 mins protest then advise protestors to cease and disperse. If they don't then instigate a three phase escalating tactic, namely:

Water cannon.
Tear gas.
Taser.
Who says 30 minutes is the right time?

Should motorways be opened after 30 minutes if an accident happens ? More people are affected by road closures because of traffic jams and roadworks than protests

Sponsored Links
Who says 30 minutes is the right time?

Should motorways be opened after 30 minutes if an accident happens ? More people are affected by road closures because of traffic jams and roadworks than protests
Make it an hour max. After that, remove using force if necessary.

Make it an hour max. After that, remove using force if necessary.
You're not in favour of a freedom of expression if it causes you a little inconvenience, i take it?

How much inconvenience must the public endure in order to protect a democratic right of freedom of assembly in protest against the actions of a government?

You're not in favour of a freedom of expression if it causes you a little inconvenience, i take it?

How much inconvenience must the public endure in order to protect a democratic right of freedom of assembly in protest against the actions of a government?

Why on earth should anyone have to be disrupted because a minority think their protest is more important than other people's freedom to just live their life?!

How do you know if delaying someone's journey is only causing them 'a little' inconvenience? Numerous scenarios where delays can be a major inconvenience.

How long would you say a group should be able to block a road for? 3 hours? 6 hours? 9 hours? A day? A week? Indefinitely?

Let 'em protest ... then get them MOVED!

Why on earth should anyone have to be disrupted because a minority think their protest is more important than other people's freedom to just live their life?!

Their protest might be to protect
other people's freedom to just live their life?!

Much of what you now enjoy and take for granted was won through the efforts and sacrifices of those who went before.............

Their protest might be to protect
To protect what THEY think we need protecting from...

Well personally I think we need protecting from the likes of them screwing up our daily lives, yet we don't get to protest that without the law coming down heavily!

How do you know if delaying someone's journey is only causing them 'a little' inconvenience? Numerous scenarios where delays can be a major inconvenience.

How long would you say a group should be able to block a road for? 3 hours? 6 hours? 9 hours? A day? A week? Indefinitely?

Let 'em protest ... then get them MOVED!
Personally, i do not advocate blocking roads and consider other ways to protest government inaction on Climate Change can better persuade public opinion, but hey. I ain't in charge. :mrgreen:

Well personally I think we need protecting from the likes of them screwing up our daily lives, yet we don't get to protest that without the law coming down heavily!

"We" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there: you are entitled to your opinion however.

"....screwing up our daily lives,..." - really?
Personally, I can't recall ever in my many decades having anything "screwed up" by a protest.
Certainly not with any frequency worth bothering with.

we don't get to protest that

Protesting against protesting?

Sounds like the basis of a Monty Python sketch :D

To protect what THEY think we need protecting from...

The Law (Gov ) treat them with a soft glove because they are useful idiots doing the Gov bidding for them

"We" is doing a lot of heavy lifting there: you are entitled to your opinion however.

"....screwing up our daily lives,..." - really?
Personally, I can't recall ever in my many decades having anything "screwed up" by a protest.
Clearly you don't live or work in Central London!

Sponsored Links
Back