Ezarc blades - Any good

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As it says.

I've found multitool blades are virtually useless. Was removing 7" skirting and only managed about 4 cuts. Even when using brand blades.

Sponsored Links
saxton are good
cut to within 2mm off the wall do not touch the wall repeat on all or several cuts then use an old blade to finish

I’m always very careful not to touch any wall. I also use the old blunt blades to break the joint between the top of the skirting and wall so as not to pull the plaster down when pulling it off.

Sponsored Links
Not usually, but I did try the SMART japanese tooth blade which did cut quicker initially but again went blunt but lasted slightly longer than branded blades. I'm careful not to force the cut but let the machine do the work too.

Not usually, but I did try the SMART japanese tooth blade which did cut quicker initially but again went blunt but lasted slightly longer than branded blades. I'm careful not to force the cut but let the machine do the work too.

I have used the Smart japanese blades in the past and was happy with them.

They will fail pretty much instantly if you go through the skirting and hit the brickwork, or if they hit a nail or screw.

Do the blades ever smoke when using them?

Like @big-all I occasionally use Saxton blades. They strike me as being as good as the branded blades but significantly cheaper.

I have two oscillating saws, a Fein multimaster and a Festool one. The Festool has an optional attachment that allows me to set the depth- meaning that I don't need to worry about cutting too deep.

As it says.

I've found multitool blades are virtually useless. Was removing 7" skirting and only managed about 4 cuts. Even when using brand blades.
multitools are irritating

they cut lovely when new but that doesnt last long!

I tend to use my Bosch blue multitool on the lowest speed setting, which I find helps somewhat with blade wear.

Yes, I always use my Dewalt on the lowest speed setting.

Think I might try some Saxton blades. Has anyone used their circular saws and jigsaw blades?

Yes, I always use my Dewalt on the lowest speed setting.

Think I might try some Saxton blades. Has anyone used their circular saws and jigsaw blades?
I've used a Saxton circular saw blade once and it was very sharp, but it lasted way less than my preferred freud.
With multitool I resigned to buy the pack of 20 from Amazon and change it frequently.
Even the expensive bosch failed pretty soon.

I tend to use my Bosch blue multitool on the lowest speed setting, which I find helps somewhat with blade wear.

I kinda get what you are saying, but at a lower speed, it may or not, be the case that you then apply more pressure.

I think that often, people don't keep the blade moving enough. You should move it along the cut to reduce overheating. Don't cut all the way through and then move it upwards, keep moving it up and down and remove a few mm with each pass.

I have however been guilty of doing the same though in the past.

So no one has used Ezarc blades then?

I haven't knowingly.

I too would recommend the Saxton blades, not because I consider them to be better than the high ticket branded ones, but because they are cheap enough to not get annoyed when they go blunt.

I have two oscillating saws, a Fein multimaster and a Festool one. The Festool has an optional attachment that allows me to set the depth- meaning that I don't need to worry about cutting too deep.
Depth gauge was one of the first things I bought for my Multimaster

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back