Extention needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a telephone master socket( i think with two wires into it), they are screwed in.

I want to run an extention socket from it.

My extention cable has 6 wires, i know i only use four of these to connect to my extention box.

But which two do i connect to the master socket.

Wires,wires and yet more wires.

Sponsored Links
You actually only need 3 wires,white/blue in number2,blue/white in number5 and orange/white in number3 thats at both ends of the cable terminations,actually you can use and 3 coloured wires as long as the same colour is terminated in the same numbers each end

nope

its wite and blue, blue and white, for 2 & 5 respectuivly

orange is for 3

Sponsored Links
Assuming you are connecting your extension to the removable portion of the master socket,nte 5,your connections are ,Terminal 2=blue with the small white marking .Terminal 5=white with small blue marking,Terminal 3=orange with small white marking.Keep to the same terminals in your ext socket.

it will do, its the main incomer, still follow the advice given

has it got a small front of the socket that comes off.or is it the old line jack.

Sorry, yes box with a small from that come off, i managed to find out that it makes no differance where the wires go as long as they are in the same place on the extention box.

This i did and its working fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back