Erbauer brushless twin pack, thoughts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking about buying this set. I'm a diy'er not pro user. I tend to buy middle range stuff i.e. not cheapest not most expensive. Does anyone here have experience of this brand and more specifically these products? Online reviews appear generally favourable. Any thoughts/advice welcome :)

Sponsored Links
personally I would probably buy the dewalt set, although smaller batteries , I prefer using smaller batteries when using these types of tools , I use often with 2Ah batteries , although the impact driver with 3 speeds i found very useful - but a lot more expensive
BUT just a DIYer and i happened to buy a kit from screwfix to start and then once i was on the battery platform , I then purchased a lot of dewalt tools that used the same batteries fitting , and have 3.5Ah x2 , 2Ah x 2 and 5Ah - now with a planer, circular saw, jigsaw, grinder , multitool , recip saw - as they have a large range of 18V tools
So you may want to consider what other tools you may want and what they make and have available , in case you then buy a different platform for future tools

Last edited:
Erbauer is a Screwfix own brand so you will be entirely at the whims of whether Screwfix continue to sell batteries and other tools that use them in the future or not.

If it was cheap enough to be considered disposable, perhaps.
For that price, better to get a known brand such as Makita or Dewalt where even if the tool is destroyed, you can still use the batteries and charger for other tools.

Also don't be sucked in to thinking that larger capacity batteries are essential or even desirable. They will last longer between charges but they will cost more and take longer to charge, so the benefits of say 5Ah over 3Ah for DIY use are probably none.

Agree, best tool with smallest battery if you're on a budget. Even the small ones will last till you need a tea break and they charge back up quickly.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice all. Yeah I was aware of the Screwfix brand thing, good point re being at their whim. tbh the impact driver isn't an absolute requirement for me, I've got to my 50s without needing one! I had been looking at this as an alternative, might be the best happy medium for me. My current drill (an ancient but still going corded Black & Decker) is approx. 1.4kg and I wouldn't want to work with anything much heavier. The one linked to below is 1.6kg including battery so I'm better ruling out the 4Ah battery based on that.

i didnt get a cordless drill or impact driver until in my 60's and moved into a bungalow needed work - and i would not be without an impact driver now - best thing i use - BUT it is 3 speed and so i can set at the slowest least torque and not drill the screw into the material , also on highest setting I have used on coach bolts on fences and with bolts/nuts to hang a gate
Brilliant
Also to be honest the 2Ah on the drill / impact last me most of the day constructing a built in custom cupboard

i didnt get a cordless drill or impact driver until in my 60's and moved into a bungalow needed work - and i would not be without an impact driver now - best thing i use - BUT it is 3 speed and so i can set at the slowest least torque and not drill the screw into the material , also on highest setting I have used on coach bolts on fences and with bolts/nuts to hang a gate
Brilliant
Also to be honest the 2Ah on the drill / impact last me most of the day constructing a built in custom cupboard
Yeah it's a good point, I've heard a few say that about the impact driver.

I'm going to limit myself to either 2Ah or maybe 3Ah max. When I look at the combined weight for many models, it's already heavier than my old faithful corded, so going 4Ah+ is a no no.

I would currently go for this one, as cheaper than teh one you showed, same batteries, metal drill bit and much shorter so fits better between joists, in cupboards, etc

I would currently go for this one, as cheaper than teh one you showed, same batteries, metal drill bit and much shorter so fits better between joists, in cupboards, etc

Good call.

FYI that one has no charger included so unless you have dewalt already you'll need the one that includes it

FYI that one has no charger included so unless you have dewalt already you'll need the one that includes it
Pack contents1 x cordless combi drill, 2 x 2.0Ah lithium ion batteries, 1 x charger, 1 x TSTAK case
Got me worried there - but above shows that it does have a charger.

thats the sort of kit i purchased on offer at screwfix (but with 2x 3Ah batteries - £140ish in 2018 ) and then I got the 3 speed impact driver as a bare unit
The both fit into the TSTAK case OK

the 2x 2Ah batteries I have came with the multitool kit also on offer with a TSTAK case and charger - I think that was around £120 ish

thats the sort of kit i purchased on offer at screwfix (but with 2x 3Ah batteries - £140ish in 2018 ) and then I got the 3 speed impact driver as a bare unit
The both fit into the TSTAK case OK

the 2x 2Ah batteries I have came with the multitool kit also on offer with a TSTAK case and charger - I think that was around £120 ish
Yeah I think I'll follow a similar approach i.e. get the drill now and, as and when I need the impact driver, buy the bare unit. I don't have any diy jobs coming up in the medium future that would need one.

this is the 3 speed bare unit - But often you will find on offer at various places FFX etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back