Electric tile cutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone got a recommendation for a mid-range wet tile saw?

I chucked out the old "Performance Power" one from Aldi or Lidl so need a replacement, preferably with a bed which is smooth and a guide which doesn't move during cutting.

Looking for DeWalt/Makita standard, decent reliable kit but not mega expensive.

Sponsored Links
Looked for second hand one near your home? Something decent

I chucked out the old "Performance Power" one from Aldi or Lidl
No you got that from B&Q ... well that's where I bought my PP one from back in the late 80s and is still on sale there today. Lidl is Parkside and Aldi Ferrex (currently, at least).

I have an old Rubi ND180. The fence could be moved way past the end of the table bed.

The closest in their current range is the ND200, £350 but doesn't have the special fence.

Out of interest, have you considered a radial tile cutter?

eg https://tools4trade.co.uk/products/...3YEfYUnLDP9B7Ge_fdbmKusZsScrpAUQIWJTGJkwVpDOo

The above model is not suitable for tiles larger than 620mm. They do however have the advantage of not spraying water at you whilst you are working and the working height is more convenient. They do however require more storage space.

Sponsored Links
I have an old Rubi ND180. The fence could be moved way past the end of the table bed.

The closest in their current range is the ND200, £350 but doesn't have the special fence.

Out of interest, have you considered a radial tile cutter?

eg https://tools4trade.co.uk/products/...3YEfYUnLDP9B7Ge_fdbmKusZsScrpAUQIWJTGJkwVpDOo

The above model is not suitable for tiles larger than 620mm. They do however have the advantage of not spraying water at you whilst you are working and the working height is more convenient. They do however require more storage space.

Interesting, I'd assumed radial were out of my price range!

I'd actually prefer a radial, I hate trying to slide a rough bit of ceramic or porcelain on a table top, would much rather clamp the tile in place and move the blade.

Interesting, I'd assumed radial were out of my price range!

I'd actually prefer a radial, I hate trying to slide a rough bit of ceramic or porcelain on a table top, would much rather clamp the tile in place and move the blade.

If you go for a cheapish model, upgrade the blade. Marcrist blades are consistently good.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back