Do we have the right to be 'ist'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It wont be tested any time soon in my opinion. This govt is working on the divide and conquer principle.

They want us arguing and blaming everybody else so they can carry on as they are. Just happens that now we are out of the EU we cant blame that for our problems, so lets blame foreigners !
Divide and rule is the obvious tactic to confuse stupid people, as it has been since time itself...

But you are wrong to suggest that said stupid people can't/won't now blame the EU for home grown problems...

They'll still be doing it in 50 years time whilst simultaneously hoping the EU implodes...

Looking forward to seeing their blood vessels burst when we rejoin!

Sponsored Links
Divide and rule is the obvious tactic to confuse stupid people, as it has been since time itself...

But you are wrong to suggest that said stupid people can't/won't blame the EU for home grown problems...

They'll still be doing it in 50 years time whilst simultaneously hoping the EU implodes...

Looking forward to seeing their blood vessels burst when we rejoin!
You are right. We can't blame the EU for our problems, but we will, and still do

So do, or don't, bend your knee.

If you feel you need to bend the knee to a passing Muslim go for it

I don't hold good Muslims responsible.... that's as stupid as blaming a majority white football crowd it's there fault or all men for the abuse women get online.

I don't hold good Muslims responsible.... that's as stupid as blaming a majority white football crowd it's there fault or all men for the abuse women get online.
nobody is going to make you bend your knee, don't worry.

it's only done to make people think. That's not compulsory either.

On this we agree, although I'd omit the word stupid. The tactic can be used in various ways and I'd assert anyone has the potential to succumb to it.

I think you're confusing the right to have an opinion compared to the requirement to bey the laws of the country. Of course anyone can be whatever they wish to be, believe in whatever they wish to believe in. But they don't have the right to allow those beliefs to interfere with the right of others to live free of crime. So while anyone can have racist, sexist, misogynist beliefs, etc, they don't have the right to ferment hatred or violence aimed at those groups or individuals that someone believes is inferior.
No, I'm not confusing anything thanks. My topic question is do we have the right to be 'ist.' I'm not confusing this with merely having opinions on stuff. If you read my opening post, I make the clear distinction between being ist and crossing the line into inciting hatred or violence.

My position is we do have the right, and I'd hazard a guess behind closed doors (where we're not subject to public scrutiny and/or the woke brigade) many people are ist to varying degrees.

On this we agree, although I'd omit the word stupid. The tactic can be used in various ways and I'd assert anyone has the potential to succumb to it.
On this we disagree...

Governments tend to use the tactic of 'dumbing down' their electorate...

But many do see through it, although I fear a large number don't because by whatever means (often through no fault of their own) they have indeed become too 'stupid' to realise what is happening!

Why would the 'red wall' ever vote brexit/tory is beyond me when all it does is harm themselves?

'Stupid is as stupid does' is the only conclusion!

On this we disagree...

Governments tend to use the tactic of 'dumbing down' their electorate...

But many do see through it, although I fear a large number don't because by whatever means (often through no fault of their own) they have indeed become too 'stupid' to realise what is happening!

Why would the 'red wall' ever vote brexit/tory is beyond me when all it does is harm themselves?

'Stupid is as stupid does' is the only conclusion!
Why do posters like you always have to argue the toss?

Let's say the government implement a secret 'divide and rule' strategy on the masses. At a basic level, some question it, some don't. You can't automatically say everyone in the latter camp is stupid as there could be numerous reasons why they haven't questioned the government strategy. Words like apathetic might apply and indeed stupid might apply, however you can't broad brush these things.

Correction ... you evidently can.

Why do posters like you always have to argue the toss?

Let's say the government implement a secret 'divide and rule' strategy on the masses. At a basic level, some question it, some don't. You can't automatically say everyone in the latter camp is stupid as there could be numerous reasons why they haven't questioned the government strategy. Words like apathetic might apply and indeed stupid might apply, however you can't broad brush these things.

Correction ... you evidently can.
Have you ever taken a good look at how the education system works in the UK?
And then have you asked yourself where the vast majority of government members were educated? :rolleyes:

'Divide and rule' isn't a secret, it's been going on for thousands of years...

Create division amongst the masses whilst wealth/power is accumulated/gained/purloined by the few...

But then stupid people (created or otherwise) don't realise when the wool is being pulled over their eyes as you so admirably demonstrate!

Have you ever taken a good look at how the education system works in the UK?
And then have you asked yourself where the vast majority of government members were educated? :rolleyes:

'Divide and rule' isn't a secret, it's been going on for thousands of years...

Create division amongst the masses whilst wealth/power is accumulated/gained/purloined by the few...

But then stupid people (created or otherwise) don't realise when the wool is being pulled over their eyes as you so admirably demonstrate!
Oh ffs, I give up!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back