Could this be extended? With pic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’m new to this forum and looking for some pointers. I’ve tried googling but I’m not sure what to search for to get pictures and ideas. I’d like to square off the rear of our house. Windows are the existing kitchen, door is to the utility. I guess it would involve steels etc but I can’t get my head round how the roof of the extension would/could tie into the existing building. Any thoughts appreciated! Thanks
F38934F1-84D3-4C44-9294-5CE8AF93E780.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Flat roofed extension with epdm on top would be how I'd do it.

Thank you so much. I’ve had a quick Google and that makes sense. We wouldn’t bother with any window in the roof, I think sliding doors would give sufficient light. How would the join between the existing house and the extension work? There wouldn’t be a gully where rain would pool would there? Would the flat roof be 100% totally flat or a little bit of a slope?

'flat' roofs always have a slope achieved by using firring strips on top of the rafters so all the water off your current roof will run onto the off the new roof.

If I remember I'll get you a picture tomorrow of our extension roof as it'll essentially be the same.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back