Cost to repair cracked tiles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am in Maidenhead, Berkshire. Any idea what would be a reasonable estimate to replace 2 cracked tiles on my roof. I’ve also asked to check the felt underlay underneath . House is a bungalow so not working at massive height but scaffolding is seemingly required. £700 + VAT?

Thanks
Mick

Sponsored Links
Get another couple of quotes.
Some companies use scaffold for every job working at height..smaller 1 man bands not so much, a couple of tiles on a bungalow would not be anything near the £700 mark..couple of hundred where I am at most.
Why do you need your underfelt checked?

The trigger was water coming through a ceiling , I was able to get to the ingress point by taking out some insulation , there was a rip in the felt that the water was getting through. I’ve patched that myself on the inside for now. I’m a bit paranoid about the state of the roof , last owners did very little maintenance, we had to have the ridge line remortared last Sep as that was crumbing so water may have been getting in for a while (but running down the felt / celotex.hence suggestion to have a look while they have tiles lifted. I forgot to mention the job involves replacement of a ridge tile as well - I managed to get up there and patch it as a quick fix but needs properly done

Even with a ridge tile it is still a bit steep.
Keep your roof maintained and it will not matter about the underfelt.

Sponsored Links
Scaffold for 2 tiles?
Need to find tiles and swap which is 10min job.
£100 Ish with a roof check

It's a bungalow.
I'd use a ladder and stay.

Recently I seen a cherry picker used on a bungalow. Guy jumper off and run around roof.
I can't understand the logic other than the company policy.

Local roofer will use ladder or other imo. Be up on roof in minutes.

Anyway. Agr tower takes 5 mins to put up. Rapid. Really clever making other tower designs obsolete

Thanks all . I think I will shop around for some alternatives!

Two tiles marked, ridge tile is in line with these

IMG_3936.jpeg

tell them to jog on.
The tiles will need to come from a reclamation yard, ebay "Somerset Interlocking Clay Tiles" they wont be easy to come across.

to replace 10 - 15 minutes

Thanks - I’ve inherited about 15 spare and picked up another 25 last weekend from a house rebuild in Reading via eBay. The roofers on the last job said they’d never seen them before

Thanks - I’ve inherited about 15 spare and picked up another 25 last weekend from a house rebuild in Reading via eBay. The roofers on the last job said they’d never seen them before
Me neither.

Datarebal is your man!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back