condensate drop requirement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm redoing a bit of pipework alongside a larger overhaul of the heating and I have a couple of question about condensate pipe drop

Currently my combi condensate pipe exits the boiler and then snakes infront of the inlet and return pipes, why I don't know but then goes into a vertical drop onto a pure horizontal run about 30cm from the floor to the sink about 2.5M away.

Should there not be a drop on the condensate pipe instead of a straight horizontal run and if i leave it and just fix what's up top what issues can it potentially cause long term, wouldn't be the end of the world redoing the whole thing but it would require removing the appliances and parts of the kitchen base boards.

Pipe currently looks like it's in an OK condition at least from the outside but I have seen vids of internal condensate pipe cracking and decaying I'm assuming from the acidity

Sponsored Links
Thanks Denso

I got the info from the service manual showing the drop requirement but it's been like this from when the house was built 12 years ago so I was wondering if I left it if I was going to see any issues down the line.

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you are quite close to the sink, so it should be possible to get a neat run. You might need to move or cut kitchen units though. You can connect into the waste with a standpipe if it is near, you don't have to go to the sink.

Sometimes installers take the option that is easiest and quickest for them.

Thanks John

It's more awkward than hard to recify as it we had a leak on the integrated dishwasher a while back that damaged the base unit and sadly the cabinet maker doesn't do that unit or that colour anymore so I would rather leave it in situ than remove it and it crumble some more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back