Chatsworth shower problems with calibration

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve installed a Chatsworth thermostatic rigid riser mixer shower. It is from Victorian plumbing.
Instructions were online , 3 pages of hard to read illustrations, which were only for positioning.
I have an issue with the heat coming through, which is above Luke warm but not as hot as other taps.
Feeling the inlet , it is red hot.
Has anyone had issue with these, or know any calibration information?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Is your hot water gravity fed or mains fed?

It would usually be a stop ring on the spindle for the thermostatic valve - probably need to take off the handle, remove the stop ring off the splines and refit onto the splines say a few splines to the left (anticlockwise).

The other issue there could be is that the HW isn't hot enough, a lot of these valves need a min of 55deg at the hot valve to work correctly.

thanks for your reply, I’ll check it out, though I didn’t see a stop ring on the spindle.
I did try to change the position of the knob and it didn’t help.
Water is very hot at inlet, to my fingers.

Do you get a good flow if you turn the temperature setting to fully cold and is the cold water mains supplied.

Thanks for reply John. The cold water is mains supplied. I will try just on cold the next time I’m there.

Also, another test, set the combi DHW temp to ~ 38C/40C, set the shower temp to max and see do you get 40C at the shower.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back