Can't set Cruse control to 20 MPH, and not sure how accurate speedo is at that speed.

Sponsored Links
Even if your speedo was 10% out (unlikely) it would be near enough at that speed. Some cars have ASL.

My newer car will set down to 18mph

And when maintaining a gap from the car in front, will go even slower.

A strange number. "Almost" 30kph so it might be rounded.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I don’t think you can set most cruise controls below 30 mph
I had this very same conversation with a friend who I walk dogs with every day. She has an old Honda CRV and she's had it about 10 years. Last week she asked me how the cruise control worked! I showed her and off she went. This week, she said she was going down a long 20mph road where police are known to plot up to catch speeding drivers. She thought she would use the cruise control and put it on but she said it wouldn’t come on at 20mph. She said she thought it was broken but she tried it again later and it worked. I thought that was strange because every car I’ve ever had, I can remember that 18mph was the slowest speed that it would work at, including the two we have now. (A3 and a Golf).

every car I’ve ever had, I can remember that 18mph was the slowest speed that it would work at, including the two we have now. (A3 and a Golf).
Mine - 25 mph and have to be in 4th or above...

Screenshot_20230809-213235_Chrome.jpg

And to be going 20, you have to be in 3rd!

I’ve got an amazing foot controlled pedal that can keep me at a steady speed and even a little dial which confirms it.

Who would cruise about for any longer tha a minute without pressing the break?

I’ve got an amazing foot controlled pedal that can keep me at a steady speed and even a little dial which confirms it.
Years ago, ye olde foxtrot said he had a horse and cart that could get him from A to B like one of those newfangled motorised vehicles. Didn’t need to buy that petroleum spirit either - it ran on straw!

My Kia Niro will set Cruise Conrol at 20mph. I use it when in the neighbouring county (Bristol) and in areas where the car-hating (local) council employees in the Highways Department have introduced stupid (20mph) limits. When you get a couple of minuites to spare, ask Alexa "What is Mark Drakeford, one hundred and carrots in Welsh." She will answer, "Mark Drakeford, cant a moron!" Says it all, doesent it.

Plenty of people. I did a couple of hundred miles on a motorway a few weeks ago without my feet on the pedal. I take it you’ve never driven a car with ACC?
Yes I missed out "at 20mph" in my reply.

Sponsored Links
Back