Cannot reset alarm after panic button trigger (Elmdene) (Ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One of employees accidentally triggered the panic alarm by pressing against the red push button at our shop reception desk. The button is not fully depressed so I think the chair arm must have knocked it.

In any case I tapped the security tab on the panel to stop the sounder. But the panel remains red. I’m not able to set the alarm when leaving the building as it says error with the PA.

I don’t have a key to unlock the panic alarm as I inherited the system as is some 9 months ago. I recently cancelled the contract in Nov as I plan to upgrade the alarm before summer. It does mean Ive lost the grade 2 status police monitoring.

Any idea how I can overcome the problem of not being able to set the alarm? Is there no way to exclude that PA sensor? Are the keys to unlock the PA universal?

Attachments

• EEE2C0BD-2723-4802-B110-0D55AF402C0D.png
    EEE2C0BD-2723-4802-B110-0D55AF402C0D.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 67
  • AB9B9899-FBA3-4010-A12F-8D5295B289C4.png
    AB9B9899-FBA3-4010-A12F-8D5295B289C4.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 70
  • 0FFB2E2D-7BF9-4462-A4BD-AAF040EFB131.png
    0FFB2E2D-7BF9-4462-A4BD-AAF040EFB131.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links
You need a key to reset it ….you need an elmdene one as they are different … I would normally say take the cover off and push it back up ….BUT those buttons are a real pain so DONT …

Attachments

• IMG_5901.png
    IMG_5901.png
    535.5 KB · Views: 48
Thanks. Is there definitely only the one type of key, I mean, its not likely I will get the wrong one if I order the one in your image?

Sponsored Links
Hi

I obtained a key but unfortunately it did not help because it appears the red button is sufficient depressed that it was not stuck inside. Any other suggestions on how I can rid the rid light on the panel and reset this because the darn thing will not set the alarm whilst it says that the panic button as been activated?

I have seen these …where the button jams in and won’t come out …bit crappy design, but the picture of the PA looks ok ?

Yes they are a bit **** to be fair if the resistance is not adjusted

sorry I think I’m getting my words mixed up. The button is fully out not stuck in. I bought they key just in case it wasn’t fully out thinking it might come out more, but no.

The damn alarm control panel will just not set when I either type the code or use the tag key. Any ideas what I could possibly do to resolve this issue?

Or damaged panic button open it up twist wires nothing to lose .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back