Can you pour screed in sections.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering if it's ok to do this in sections on different days to make it easier.
Perhaps with some rebar or an expansion gap.
Thanks if you can help.

Sponsored Links
How big of an area?
It's not difficult and my 5m x 3m kitchen was easy job.
Took 10 mins to pour.

Guess you can do in sections and polish off the joins.

I

How big of an area?
It's not difficult and my 5m x 3m kitchen was easy job.
Took 10 mins to pour.

Guess you can do in sections and polish off the joins.
It's not far off 3 times that.
Not sure a concrete wagon can get close either.
I take it you had it delivered?

They can pump it some distance however maybe hire powered barrows or get help to shift it.
Mine was easy access with a long chute with one of those American mix as you go lorry.
Thinking back I poured concrete. Then self leveler over. I knew a builder that was supervising

Sponsored Links
I

It's not far off 3 times that.
Not sure a concrete wagon can get close either.
I take it you had it delivered?
Are you talking S/C screed or liquid screed?

the guys we use (S/C screed) have a machine that mixes and pumps the gear onto the room. Tow guys feed the machine whilst the other two lay it.

Are you talking S/C screed or liquid screed?

the guys we use (S/C screed) have a machine that mixes and pumps the gear onto the room. Tow guys feed the machine whilst the other two lay it.
Well I got a price for liquid. It was about £2k pumped.
Price for sand ( I assume 3 to 1 mix?) from another company was about £400 Tamp it yourself.
I used the pump people for the foundations and it didn't go very well so I'm a bit dubious hence why I was wondering about doing it in smaller sections then I won't be at their mercy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back