Burglar alarm panel -to see or not to see?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The obvious place for our new alarm panel is right by the back door which is our conservatory. We hardly ever use the front so putting it 'there' wouldn't be suitable.

This is a nice view of my rather attractive rear entrance

And this is the wall above the rad which would be the easiest for access and electrical supply as there is a double socket on the other side.

So would the fact that the main control panel is in clear sight deter or attract those lovable tea leafs which abound ?

It's a self install Powermax plus if that is of interest

Cheers

Richard

Sponsored Links
do you mean put the keypad in the conservatory?

i wouldnt, too much heat may cause it to warp enough to cause a tamper fault

can the main panel not go in a cupboard there will be "just a few" wires and if its radio, send it back

breezer said:
do you mean put the keypad in the conservatory?

i wouldn't, too much heat may cause it to warp enough to cause a tamper fault

can the main panel not go in a cupboard there will be "just a few" wires and if its radio, send it back

yes I do, the conservatory is sheltered so remains cool even at the hight of summer. The rad could have a shelf but I would doubt that it would be a problem. There actually isn't a cupboard available.

It is wireless if that'swhat you're asking, however it's the one that's going in ;))

The question remains

Is it a good idea to have the control panel out in clear view?

Cheers

Richard

r.bartlett said:
Is it a good idea to have the control panel out in clear view?

yes if its radio, .....................

so even the bad guys get a good laugh

Sponsored Links
r.bartlett said:
This is a nice view of my rather attractive rear entrance
Was anyone else slightly worried about scrolling down? :)

Its a bad idea to have the control panel on view, apart from it not conforming its the 'brain' of your system and should be central so that the system has activated well before anyone has access to it.

securitywarehouse said:
Its a bad idea to have the control panel on view, apart from it not conforming its the 'brain' of your system and should be central so that the system has activated well before anyone has access to it.

Many thanks, I shall site it in a more secluded position..

Cheers

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back