Best TV Brand?

We have an LG snd the whole interface works pretty seemlessly unlike the last Samsung and Sony. And the remote is also built well/tough unlike the last two.

Sponsored Links
Mottie, you have a C3?

Are you still happy with it after its hiccups?
Yes, it’s all fine. I like the mouse/remote too. We have a 43” one but the 55” ones are supposed to be even better.

£949 in Richer sounds with code plus a 6 year guarantee.

My only wonder is whether I will appreciate the difference in picture quality between that for twice the money and, for example, this:

Can't find the difference between 6LC and 4LA model.

Edit: the 6LC has an adjustable stand and is WiSA compatible up to 2.1.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
We have an LG snd the whole interface works pretty seemlessly unlike the last Samsung and Sony. And the remote is also built well/tough unlike the last two.

I bought a set of three LG LED replacements, 1 50", 2x 30" roughly. The large set has a slightly different version of WebOS, from the two later smaller sets. I've struggled with larger set, trying to get an acceptable picture setting, the only way to get it near acceptable is backlight, brightness, and contrast set at max.

The 2 smaller sets, have a much better picture. The remote interfaces work fairly well, and the sound is surprisingly good, for such tiny speakers.

Ready to choose a new telly now.
JL are doing Panasonic TX55 MX650B cheap.

Neighbour reckons an LG C3 is the way to go.
You're comparing a budget LED with a mid range OLED. Very different beasts. Very different prices.

You are best to audition any potential sets 'in the flesh' with a range of real programme material that you'd usually watch, if at all possible. Richer Sounds are usually pretty accommodating (by appointment if necessary). JL and RS have allowed me to play with sets on the shop floor in the past.
Use a 'fimmaker' mode rather than any lurid eye-popping settings.

Also read the AVForums reviews (and owner threads) of the sets to see their foibles.

LG does freesat if sets has sat tuner. Panasonic doesn't (even when the set has sat tuners).

I understand I'm comparing two different TVs in two different price brackets.

My point was whether my poor eyes would appreciate the difference in picture quality. IE, would it be worth shelling out a grand on the better set.

Thanks, I am going to do just that, as it's not only my eyes that are worn out....
:ROFLMAO:

Just looked on AVF and several comments say the G2 is better than the C3 in that it has better brightness, more NITS.

But of all these B/ C/ G range TVs, the negative comments say:
  • WebOS 23 top third advertising space is not welcome and is a waste of screen real estate
So it would seem Which? are correct.

Ready to choose a new telly now.

JL are doing Panasonic TX55 MX650B cheap.

Neighbour reckons an LG C3 is the way to go.

A big difference in price.

Mottie, you have a C3?

Are you still happy with it after its hiccups?
I bought one of these from here
Wouldn't recommend the TV, but the company is top notch.

Had Sony tv.
It worked and worked and worked. Never missed a beat. In the end gave it away to get a smart tv
And the brand is

Sony

I have a Panasonic 4K OLED. ;) In some ways I should know better - Panasonic. Other items I have had. In the TV's case the periodic freeview updates are an absolute pain, Say I might edit the channel list to get say 20 channels I might watch near the top of the list. Updates may mess that up. The editing consists of selecting a channel and moving to where it's wanted, What was there gets put to where the one that was moved was. It's cumbersome. I see freeview as a bit of a bolt on as not much used world wide.

OLED. TBH compare with high end LED type set ups I don't think the ability to produce dead black really has much advantage. Also periodically when turned off the TV asks to go into panel restore mode. They have problems showing static images. Pausing on some streaming services rather worrying so avoided. Iplayer for instance blanks the picture. Screen saver type approaches how often should they change?

HD on 4K with upscaling, 55" is ok. Older stuff a bit lacking even with my eyesight. Varifocals. TV distance a bit out of there optimum range. Also have a cataract and differing dioptre eyes that aren't fully corrected by the glasses. 4K material 55" screen? From about 3m or so not sure it's worth while. At some increased size it would be needed,

Good point which is why I bought it. No need for colour or brightness corrections. I do a fair amount of photo editing so am a bit touchy about that. The other high end type at the time I bought it. Brighter than needed, not really a problem but some colour aspects put me off, I believe the TV uses an LG panel.

Still running a panasonic plasma here. I keep looking at the LG OLED tv's but I am still waiting for the plasma to fail! Its a great tv. The only issue is the power consumption! All the smart stuff is done via an nvidia shield.

My point was whether my poor eyes would appreciate the difference in picture quality.
Get the best one, get your eyes tested and then buy the cheapest set of prescription glasses to get the best out of your new set. I paid just £15 for my prescription glasses.

Sponsored Links
Back