Advice required for roof finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, we had a full reroof done a couple years back, which we're very happy with. At the time there was an existing piece of wood between the properties (as per piece circled in the picture). It was rotten and the roofer replaced it with a piece of plywood cut to shape. He'd given it a quick coat of black exterior paint and inevitably it's not taken to the weather all that well and has blown. There's some scaffold up at the minute for some chimney work so ideal chance to replace it.
My question is what do I replace it with? I'm conscious that i don't want to be replacing it every few years so want something that will last. My initial thought was some woodgrain fascia board but I can't find it in the dimensions required.
Thanks in advance.
roof.jpg

Sponsored Links
Trespa would work OK but not cheap and quite heavy too, it's an HPL (high pressure laminate), there are other brands available other than Trespa and you can get it cut to size online.

Is there a gutter to keep water off that trim?

You might use cement fibre board painted or rendered to match the wall.

Or do without the trim entirely. I presume it's just intended to be a decorative feature.

Sponsored Links
There is a gutter behind it yes, and it is just decorative.

Will take a look at the cement fibre board, thanks.

If the gutter is behind it

Then it is not protected.

Could you put the replacement ( if any) against the wall, behind the gutter and downpipe?

Upvc.
It's lightweight and weather resistant.
I would get rid of it altogether unless it serves a purpose different from decorative.

Upvc.
It's lightweight and weather resistant.
I would get rid of it altogether unless it serves a purpose different from decorative.
Sometimes find them with a decorative bar to tie your ladders to, it is needed to rest your ladders against while cleaning the hopper out.

Hi all, we had a full reroof done a couple years back, which we're very happy with. At the time there was an existing piece of wood between the properties (as per piece circled in the picture). It was rotten and the roofer replaced it with a piece of plywood cut to shape. He'd given it a quick coat of black exterior paint and inevitably it's not taken to the weather all that well and has blown. There's some scaffold up at the minute for some chimney work so ideal chance to replace it.
My question is what do I replace it with? I'm conscious that i don't want to be replacing it every few years so want something that will last. My initial thought was some woodgrain fascia board but I can't find it in the dimensions required.
Thanks in advance.View attachment 340873
Square it off...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back