35mm black box soxket with USB?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Our electrician is installing new sockets and I asked him if he can fit sockets with USBs on them. He said no problem. I maybe understanding him wrong but I am sure he said that he has installed 35 mm black boxes in the sockets and it's not a problem to replace with 25mm sockets with USB ports but it's better if they are 35mm black boxes as its not as tight.
However I have looked for 35mm black boxes for sockets that have USBs on them but can only find ones which have 25mm black boxes? Any one help? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Morning,
I think what your electrician is saying is that he has fitted 35mm back boxes, which is a good thing.
There are USB sockets around that require a minimum of a 25mm back box, there isn't really a maximum.
Providing the 35mm backbox is flush to the surface then it's all good.
A USB Socket that requires a 25mm backbox will fit comfortably in 35mm backbox, nothing at all to be concerned about.

Cheers
Lee

However I have looked for 35mm black boxes for sockets that have USBs on them but can only find ones which have 25mm black boxes? Any one help? Thanks
I don't really understand. Sockets (with or without USB facilities) and back boxes are sold separately, and (totally 'standard') 35mm back boxes are very freely available - so I don't understand what you mean by "black boxes for sockets that have USBs on them", since they are all just 'back boxes'.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
I swapped my 25mm deep metal boxes for 35mm deep ones as my USB double socket would not fit.
Then I discovered you can buy USB sockets that will fit in a 25mm deep box.

I swapped my 25mm deep metal boxes for 35mm deep ones as my USB double socket would not fit. Then I discovered you can buy USB sockets that will fit in a 25mm deep box.
Well, although it was perhaps unnecessary effort, deeper boxes are always nice and easier to work with!

I swapped my 25mm deep metal boxes for 35mm deep ones as my USB double socket would not fit.
Then I discovered you can buy USB sockets that will fit in a 25mm deep box.

Ones claiming to fit in 25mm back boxes often ignore the fact that there might be 3 x cables in the back box that tend to get in the way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back