1996 Ford Fiesta.

?

?DIYer?

Had this car a couple off months but it burns loads and loads of oil anyone got any ideas???

Also the screen washers have stopped working, i've checked to see if it was blocked and it wasn't but everything else seems to be o.k???

Sponsored Links
Had this car a couple off months but it burns loads and loads of oil anyone got any ideas???

If it's smoking as well it's the piston rings - re-bore or new engine required.

Also the screen washers have stopped working, i've checked to see if it was blocked and it wasn't but everything else seems to be o.k???

Compared with the first item this is fairly trivial - I would get the engine sorted out first - however there is a small pump which needs to be checked - if you can hear it whirring when you operate the washers then it's OK. Just have to check it through from the beginning I reckon. Good luck.

If it's smoking as well it's the piston rings - re-bore or new engine required.

Interesting that you rule out valve stem seals and head gasket - 2 far more likely causes of smoking on a relatively late car than piston rings.

How much do you consider loads? I had a fiesta van of a similar age and that used lots of oil (without obvious smoking or any leaks)

thanks i will get it checked out.

screen washers-: there is no sound at all when trying to use them. would
that mean i need a new pump?

Sponsored Links
?DIYer? said:
screen washers-: there is no sound at all when trying to use them. would
that mean i need a new pump?

depends if there is voltage at the pump. if there is then yes new pump, if not you need to get that sorted first

Back