Painting basement ceiling

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by Eagle88, 9 Aug 2017.

1. Eagle88

Thanks Received:
    United States
    So I have a quick question...
    When you want to paint an unfinished basement's ceiling, what is the best approach for this? I know this sounds like an odd thing to do but I am trying a project of sorts I found online.
    I am not sure if I should use spray paint and cover the pipes or work around everything with a brush.

2. paige

Thanks Received:
    United States
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. LouP

Thanks Received:
    United States
    Yeah as Paige mentioned you will want a sprayer for this. Painting it by hand will take you forever and you will end up with a back ache.
    Take it from someone who attempted this in a small corner. Not worth it. Buy or rent an industrial paint sprayer.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Eagle88

Thanks Received:
    United States
    Ah okay, that would make more sense. I have a habit of doing things the hardest way possible, I swear haha
    That video was actually pretty helpful. Gave me an idea of what I will be doing myself. Thanks Paige.

5. Eagle88

Thanks Received:
    United States
    Is there anywhere you would recommend that rents out these kinds of tools? Like a national business that might be in my area. Not sure where to even look for one to be honest lol

6. paige

Thanks Received:
    United States
    No problem. As for your other question, have you seen if any of the local hardware shops offer renting of equipment?
    I know HomeDepot offers some tools up for rent so it is worth a call to see if they have any.

7. LouP

Thanks Received:
    United States
    Paige is spot on to what I would have suggested. You can also see if your neighbors may have one as well you can rent off them. I believe renting these tools is relatively cheap though.
    United rentals is another options as well if you don't wish to go with HomeDepot.