Focal Walls

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by paige, 31 Jul 2017.

1. paige

Thanks Received:
    United States
    I know this is something only some people tend to do in their homes.

I feel it is a good idea for only larger rooms, not smaller ones. That being said, I am debating on painting a wall a bright color in my family room. The focal point would be the wall of the fireplace since the TV also sits above this.

The walls themselves are a very faint gray. What color would look nice with this?

2. Eagle88

Thanks Received:
    United States
    Paint is a bit personal when choosing for something like this. It depends on your taste. Is there anything colorful in the room that means a lot to you?
    You can match it to that and place that on the apposite side of the room for an even flow for the eyes.

3. paige

Thanks Received:
    United States
    Well I don't have a hole lot of color at all. I do have a large picture of a wedding photo with my husband and small ones around that from the wedding. We did a white and bright teal wedding.
    Maybe I could incorporate that color. I have them handing on the wall that faces the front window.

4. LouP

Thanks Received:
    United States
    You can also keep it neutral if you wanted. Just have the focal wall be 2 or 3 shades darker than the rest of the walls.
    Just match the paint on a swatch and move down to the darker tones. Color is not always a good idea if you plan on changing in and out decor.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Eagle88

Thanks Received:
    United States
    It doesn't matter if you have a whole room of color or not. It will still look just as nice with neutral colors. Like LouP mentioned, just take it down a few shades from what you already have.
    Just be sure whatever you choose, it is a color you will not get bored of.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. paige

Thanks Received:
    United States
    I had thought of this but I would it would look silly. I was looking through pictures after reading this and it really does look nice.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. paige

Thanks Received:
    United States
    Yeah thanks I am keeping that in mind. I think i will do something similar to what is pictured above.
    Keep it natural and this way I don't have to worry about changing anything in or out and not matching.

Thanks for all your help guys!