Vaillant condensing boiler pump keeps coming on when nothing else on.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Recently had a new pump fitted by British gas as old one failed.
Turned my water dial round to the left till it clicked and the dial came off, so now cant change temp of water ( permanently on 50°). However, I have noticed now and before the water temp dial nob came off , that the pump symbol keeps coming on when nothing is happening, or over runs after water has heated up. I know sometimes the engineer sets the boiler at constantly on by turning the water temp dial right round to the right so the water is always heating up , and I know that costs me a lot of extra money. So other engineer told me to turn the water heat dial round to the left till it clicks and it turns that off , so water only heats when we want it. But why is my pump symbol still coming on ?! :/ Hope you can advise me, I have put in another engineer request for Wednesday. :/ Many thanks :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back