Three phase

thats all very well if you know the client is going to decide to have a machine fitted after you have finished and the company supplying it is wiring it!!!

dident know a thing about it til "they connected their machine up and now lots of things dont work" :confused:

Sponsored Links
supersparks said:
thats all very well if you know the client is going to decide to have a machine fitted after you have finished and the company supplying it is wiring it!!!

dident know a thing about it til "they connected their machine up and now lots of things dont work" :confused:

the 25mm² was the feed in.... so it was goin in no matter what

...i think i know MY jobs mate, the 25mm 4 core was a supply to a press

how can you even question a job ive never even shown you let alone posted a picture of :confused:

supersparks said:
...i think i know MY jobs mate, the 25mm 4 core was a supply to a press

how can you even question a job ive never even shown you let alone posted a picture of :confused:

sorry, what i meant was on the board i done the 25mm² was the feed in so went in first!

Sponsored Links
Hi, I've just had a look at the picture and am a bit confused.
How do you number your MCBs to correspond with the N + E terminals?

I've always assumed the MCB stabs were numbered downwards to correspond with the numbering on the plastic plate behind the N + E bars. But from what I can see you have two spare MCB ways spare on each side at the top, but it looks like 2 spare terminals at the bottom in both the N + E bars. From this I am assuming that the bottom MCB on the left corresponds with the top N + E on the left.

I spose It does'nt really matter on this board as it's wired in T+E and it would be aesy to check which live goes with what neutral, but would'nt this be confusing on a board wired in singles to trunkng?

boards start at the bottom, nearest mainswitch on the left row, up to top and then the bottom of the right row upwards.

if you have one side full of breakers and then the next side has one in it and rest are blanked ive always seen it as bad practice and it looks kack.

so from bottom left, MCB1 cables go to bottom left terminal 1 for earth and neutral
from mcb 2 n+e to terminal 2

if its three phase then stabs 1, 2 and 3 are occupied by the mcb so N+E of circuit go to terminal 1 on the earth bar

then next 3ph mcb occuipes 4,5 and 6 so n+e go to terminal 4

it has nothing to do with "being easy to check because its wired in twin" YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CHECK IF DONE PROPERLY (obviously, you never know somone elses work so should check but if you have a few 1000 cables matching em when incorrectly wired wont be fun)

all cables should be installed uniformly, and when adding to a board you should follow atleast the wiring scheme, as you can see, me and jim work to one variation, he uses second terminal for 3 phase breakers, i use first terminal, to anyone knowing their job it will takeall of 10 seconds to work out.

i can see what your getting at though, and if i remember correctly the bottom terminals of the e+n bars are occupied by the incoming earth setup and bonding, on N the N link occupied the very top terminal.

check out P10200ee.JPG on the same site, should be a little clearer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back