The wall is more shapely than Dianna Dors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, could anyone tell me what to do with a wall that, in its greatest deviation from the vertical, is 11mm out. I have tile backer boards and large porcelain tiles. Someone suggested putting studs in, someone else; flexible adhesive. I'm only interested in achieving the most stable and secure set up. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
There'll be plenty on here who don’t have a clue who she was…..

IMG_6167.jpeg

It was on the basis that only the elderly, more experienced and practiced contingent would know about her, and, all being equal and balanced, hopefully would have a fair idea about my problem, and hence produce a profound glimmer of light in my otherwise awful darkness-I could be wrong!

Sponsored Links
Over what height?

Leaving aside potential issues with shower enclosures that may be harder to fit alongside a leaning wall, if the wall is flat, the lean doesn't matter, the adhesive will easily cope.
If it's a bit wavy it's easier to lose the waves with smaller tiles.

Otherwise you have the faff of backing boards and packing them securely.

But a half inch lean over an 8ft room height is nothing, really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back