stupid or just plain ignorance?

B

breezer

just been to my local shed, No its ok, i didn't buy anything, i am recovering.

Just watched a young lady moan that the barrier (automatic electric one that opens as you approach) was "bl**dy deadly" as she walked into it, then she hobbled off.

not surprising really when she was trying to go out through the entrance, why is it that people blame something else when it was clearly her fault, and that is what the barrier is there for, to stop people going out through the entrance

Sponsored Links
Rather like one of my class mates at school. While visiting a relative he got bored waiting for his parents. Decided to go outside and climb up the drainpipe (as you do). Drain pipe came away from the wall while he was up at the second floor. Apparently the hospital was to blame as he got a whopping compo payout for his broken arm.

His family then moved to another house. Getting bored again during the move he decides to have a go at driving the lorry. Manages to knock down his own father (who is frantically trying to stop the 14yr old). This is obviously the fault of the removals firm, as another whopping payout gets awarded.

The worse one I've heard is a burglar house breaking in from the roof skylight window and he fell though with the window crashing on top of him, he now disable in a wheelchair and sue the owner for damaged because the skylight window wasn't strong enough to take his body weight.
The owner has to sell his house to pay for the damaged, over £300,000. :eek:

When I was 9 years old my class project was on "the disabled". As part of this I went into the highstreet with a few classmates and measured the doorstep height of several shops (asking for permission from the shopkeeper first). One shop had a step of about 20cm.

8 years later, I had a Saturday job in that same shop. By now, the shop owner had constructed a ramp to aid the elderly and disabled in accessing the shop. We had no problems from it until one day I got a dressing down from an old bat who claimed that it was a death trap. I had seen the events that led her to this conclusion: she had climbed it without paying attention to what she was doing (talking to someone else down the street) and in a wibbly-wobbly fashion had been walking diagonally ACROSS the ramp. When she found the edge (there was no handrail at the side) she tripped and blamed the edging over the edge of the non-slip coating. Not her inability to walk in a straight line, it was the ramp. Obviously.

The boss apologised, and to placate her he promised that he would do something about the ramp. Which meant I went out there with a dozen screws and a cordless drill and proceded to injure myself in a mildly fatal fashion ;) . So her failure to accept that she should pay attention led to me cutting my finger.

Sponsored Links
I was unaware there were degrees.....!
Reminds me of the Newscaster that once said "73 people were killed, 19 of them fataly!" (Gordon Honeycombe I beleive it was)

securespark said:
Mildly fatal?

I was unaware there were degrees.....!

Oh yes, I often feel only 'half dead', the rest of the time I don't even feel that good. :LOL:

You say half dead, the optimist says half alive.

I think you are just twice as mortal as you need to be. ;)

If you are half-dead, does that mean you live twice as long?

Sponsored Links
Back