Spalled bricks/ bad condition and path

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi so I'm looking to improve the exterior brickwork on my late 50s council type house. Any ideas how I deal with this? Repointing is needed but some bricks have spalled should I pull them out and put new ones in or cut back the surface and put a veneer in? If pulling them outs the best thing to do anyone got any pointers, where to put supports if necessary etc. Also is there any way to make the bricks look less tired and worn? I'll be redoing the concrete paving too at some point so any pointers on that would be helpful too. Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20240503_172719_673.jpg
    IMG_20240503_172719_673.jpg
    802.6 KB · Views: 29
Sponsored Links
Need to remove concrete and fit aco drain along or gravel. Let the brick breath.

Don't look too bad for now if you can cure the damp

Need to remove concrete and fit aco drain along or gravel. Let the brick breath.

Don't look too bad for now if you can cure the damp
Yes you are right, even if I replace the spalling brick rain water splashing off that concrete will do it again. I guess I'll have to sort both out at the same time. I'm dreading sorting the path because there's clay drains on either side of that pic ones for a soil stack ones waste water. Hoping disturbing the area won't crack them.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back