Shower Pump Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Hope you can all help - Ive just spent 3 days fitting a nice corner jacuzzi bath enclosure only to find that I have very poor hot water pressure - its no more than a trickle if Im honest. I had the water pressure checked before I bought unit, but only checked the cold - it was fine.

The bath is next to the airing cupboard where the cylinder and two tanks are - and I have a few questions before I prepare for getting a pump (Electricals will be done by a Part P sparky before anyone comments)

1/ Is my system negative head?? The top shower head is probably level with half way up the water tanks.
2/ My cold water pressure is fine, can I just install a pump via a 'S' Valve to just the hot water feed and leave the cold as it is.
3/ The enclosure I have has a mixer tap which runs 2 overhead showers, back massager and bath - only one will ever be on at a time. Will a 1.5 bar pump make a big difference in pressure.

Any advice will be much appreciated before I go and spend more money.

Rhys

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back