Selling Scaffolding. How/is there a market for it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Couldn't see a better forum to post this other than General but thought it fitted better here.

My parents have some old scaffolding which belonged to my grandad. It appears in reasonably good order, it's been stored in a garage for at least the past 20 years and they need to give the garage a good spring clean. There appears to be at least 12 sections plus several long tubes and various couplings.

IMG_2878.JPG

Is it worth attempting to sell them and if so how would be the best way? Or is it just scrap? I presume safety is paramount with these types of things but I'd imagine people or companies with the relevant knowledge might be interested in purchasing them? A quick internet search brings up various places which appear to buy scaffold but they seem more geared to buying recent equipment not stuff like this?

I'm not sure where to start so any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Doesn’t seem to be scaffolding poles. Is that scaffolding or is it part of a tower?

Doesn’t seem to be scaffolding poles. Is that scaffolding or is it part of a tower?
Yes, it's part of a tower - we had some hanging around our work place.
We had to scrap them, as they are now totally unsuitable for use in an HSE abiding work environment!
There may be alternative uses for a DIY'er, they are pretty solid and could be used as stands for a workbench, etc.
But for use as a tower, there are far better, safer and lighter options to buy, or hire.

But, that's just my opinion!

Offer them for sale and see if anyone responds?
Otherwise, a scrap metal dealer may pick them up for nothing?

Location?
I have a tower like this, a few bits could do with being replaced due to rust.

Sponsored Links
looks like galvanised steel tower so not worth much

a Youngmans alloy tower would fetch a few hundred pounds 2nd hand, not steel though

About £50 on eBay or Facebook - only of interest to a DIYer these days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back