Scantronic 9800

pcw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having been woken in the middle of the night due to the alarm going off (battery Fault) I unwired the key pad and internal alarm just to get some sleep. I have now replaced the battery and rewired the key pad and alarm but am unable to clear the following faults: rr (Total Power failure)
Lt (control Panel Tamper) and r1 (Not sure what this is)
Any idea's how to clear and reset?
The user guide states contact Engineer, but then it say that almost every paragraph.

Sponsored Links
Lt = Lid tamper the lid of the big white box is not fixed correctly. If you look at the top of the box you'll see a thin piece of metal and a microswitch this switch needs to be closed

rr= installer reset required. This depends on who installed the system and if the code is still default need this info.

r1= Keypad tamper the small red switch on the back of the keypad is not making properly hence the tamper

Hope this helps

Ivsystems, your a star, all back together and working. When I set the alarm to test it, the number 1 then 8 appeared. I can't say I've noticed this before. When I tried this again with the front door shut, only the 8 appeared.
To the best of my knowledge I only have 6 circuits, 5 sensors and the key pad.

??

It's LV but hey ho no worries. If the 8 appeared then you prob find you got something connected to zone 8 my guess would be a door contact try shutting all internal and external doors see if the 8 disappears.

Sponsored Links
Tried all doors and windows, not them. Never mind.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Phil

No worries.

Phil was it definitely an 8 not prefixed by anything like an s was it ?

could always try looking a cct 8 and see if anything connected to it.

if not dissconnect cct8 and loop the cct and tamper

Having trawled through all the documentation left us from previous owners
found a document from instalation which lists circuits.

Circuit 8 relates to "Sounder Tamper" is this the speaker?

Thanks in anticipation

Phil

As breezer said if the documentation says sounder on circuit 8 they are just using the tamper terminals of zone 8. My guess is you took this off the wall to stope the noise, put that back on properly making sure you close the tamper switch and the 8 should disappear

I'll try that.

thanks for all your help. No bangs

regards

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back