Replacement arbor screw for Evolution R255sms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just managed to dig out a broken bolt that secures the blade in the Evolution R255sms mitre saw. I have no idea how to find out the right thread and size of the bolt to replace it. The company want £6 (incl postage) for the replacement bolt, and obviously don't give the details of thread and size. The price for one bolt seems pretty steep to me. Its obviously anti-clockwise thread as well. Any advice would be helpful, as I need the unit up and running. No idea where to go to buy a replacement locally as DIY stores just sell packets of bolts nuts etc.

Sponsored Links
at £6 i would get the correct replacement part - otherwise you may well be chasing around for the part and with a saw spinning at high revs - personally for £6 including postage I would make sure i had the correct type of screw and strength - then some otherwise cheap rubbish
just my view - i'm sure other members will be along with recommendations

this part breakdown - may help
part 111 as you say NO details - £4.99 + £2.99 2 day delivery

Last edited:
I have the R185SMS (smaller blade)
That is M8 16mm 1mm pitch left handed thread.
Quick google and £6 for the correct part to secure your spinning wheel of death seems the best option :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back