Pyronix Upgrade - Recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a EURO 46 v9.1 panel and its been flawless for 9 years running, but looking to upgrade it for new online features
i.e. remote management.

The current setup is as follows:
The system is connected to ARC monitoring via traditional BT line.
The panel is wired up to 9 Pirs (7 downstairs and 2 upstairs) + magnetic sensors for front main door and back door i.e. 11 inputs.
There is main key panel for operations and management; we have 3 key tags for set/unset and also remote key fobs for the same.
Also, the panel is connected to 2 expanders I believe; I think its wireless ZEM32 which works with x3 remote key fobs (to set/unset). I believe it also has 8 input wired expander (ZEM8?).

My main reasons for upgrading is to achieve remote mobile app management of the alarm i.e. remote set/unset, receiving notifications on alarm, viewing status and history of events on the alarm remotely etc.
For the upgrade, I would like to retain a wired setup across the Pir sensors etc. for reliability (also maybe most cost effective upgrade and easier install perhaps).
Ideally would also like to retain the existing forms of arm/disarming via key tags and remote key fobs (where possible).
I am unsure if i'll continue with ARC monitoring (due to increasing costs) or proceed with a bells-only setup. So would still need to consider suitable signalling options if i continue with the ARC route i.e. WiFi or SIM signalling?

I understand that for mobile app control, Pyronix have various offerings i.e. HomeControl2.0/ProControl+
I'm am under the impression that the one to go with is HomeControl2.0. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

As it stands, I believe my options are to upgrade the Pyronix panel - either EURO 46V10 or the new Enforcer V11?
Am i correct to believe that all my existing kit (Expanders / Pir / key panels etc) will be compatible with an upgrade to either of these newer panel options?

Can someone give me any recommendations of which panel is best? (in terms of better reliability, newer, most cost effective?)
I assume with the EURO 46V10 i need to also purchase a WiFI module to enable Mobile App functionality; whilst for the Enforcer the WiFi is already built-in (is that right?).
If consider continuing ARC monitoring, I understand this can be via IP (WiFi) or SIM based. If one goes with the IP approach I assume the Enforcer has all this built-in (due to integrated WiFi?).

Trying to evaluate which panel would be best?
Any tips and advice would be great.

Cheers,
H

1711122792881.jpeg

1711122843764.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Get a euro 46 v10 and digi wifi and all you will need to do is swap the pcb and the wiring over then reprogram everything onto the new system.

Get a euro 46 v10 and digi wifi and all you will need to do is swap the pcb and the wiring over then reprogram everything onto the new system.
Curious as to what would be your main reason(s) for going Euro 46 route?

Do you feel that's a better panel for whatever reason?
Or could it be that there is no real difference or advantage for one over the other in my scenario and its purely because the Euro 46 is the simplest change over?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
Firstly, like i say you will only have to replace the pcb and swap the wiring over. Secondlt , the enforcer is a wireless system and therefore has a smaller power supply. If you replace with this you will need to install a seperate 12v power supply for all your wired devices - pir's, zems, keypads etc. The enforcer will not beable to cope with it. You will also need an additional zem for any zones connected to the exising E46 panel as enforcer only supports 2x wired zones

No because it’s the most sensible and cost effective route ….
I did wonder about that tbh. Just did a random search online, but looking at the price break down. Sounds like euro46v10 is slightly more expensive. An extra 30quid so not much.

EURO46V10 £126.99

DIGI WIFI £89.99

EnforcerV11 £185.99

Firstly, like i say you will only have to replace the pcb and swap the wiring over. Secondlt , the enforcer is a wireless system and therefore has a smaller power supply. If you replace with this you will need to install a seperate 12v power supply for all your wired devices - pir's, zems, keypads etc. The enforcer will not beable to cope with it. You will also need an additional zem for any zones connected to the exising E46 panel as enforcer only supports 2x wired zones
That makes sense now that you put it that way! :)
Yeah I believe the E46 comes with 8 wired zones; and I have a ZEM-8 for another 8 wired zones, to accommodate 16. There are 11 wired inputs (x9 pirs and x2 doors sensors). So yeah like you said with the Enforcer route I guess i would need another ZEM making it more expensive not to mention the power supply issue that I didnt realise.

Well that answers that one! :)

Can I also ask, for the DIGI WIFI module. Obviously that allows me to utilise the App functionality i.e. homecontrol2.0.
For ARC signalling, my existing E46V9 unit has a module for signalling via BT phone line. Obviously i need to consider alternative signalling options due to digital switchover (if i was to continue with ARC monitoring).
My question does the DIGI WiFi provide me with a signalling option (IP based) for ARC monitoring in addition to App Homecontrol functionality i.e. 2 functions for the price of 1 - rather than also having to invest in a SIM signalling board.

Thanks!

Yes but you will likely need an installer to use an ARC. I wouldnt bother, just cut out the middle man, youll get a notification straight to your phone if the alarm is activated with the app.

Yes but you will likely need an installer to use an ARC. I wouldnt bother, just cut out the middle man, youll get a notification straight to your phone if the alarm is activated with the app.
Either way I'll need an installer to upgrade the panel and reprogramming things.
Its either continue with the existing provider (which also provisions ARC) and get them to upgrade, or find another installer to just do the upgrade and cancel the existing provider.

Im currently about £17 for ARC + comprehensive maintenance contract (includes 2 annual inspections) i.e. unlimited calls outs and covers replacement of all equipment in event of failure.
However, that's changing to £37 which is too much. Not sure if that is consider very steep or if that price is the norm these days?

But like you say think the best option is to just cut the middle man out...
If I cancel with the existing provider, i get the impression that they will not give me the engineer codes to the alarm without charging me more £ (i.e. call out charge to default the engineer code).
Would i be right to think that there isnt any point as i'll be swapping the entire panel out anyways.
However, I assume the alarm will probably start causing mayhem once they cancel the contract i.e. continuous beeping as the alarm can no long connect to ARC. I read others experienced this after cancelling.

I would say the 17 is good value with any replacement included, but how often do u actually need to replace parts... Get a price from a few local companies may find them a bit cheaper im assuming its with chubb going off the picture you posted?

I would say the 17 is good value with any replacement included, but how often do u actually need to replace parts... Get a price from a few local companies may find them a bit cheaper im assuming its with chubb going off the picture you posted?
Yeah £17 is fine and would be happy to continue at that, but £37 can’t be good value?
Tbh the system has been good that in the 9 years I’ve only had a replacement battery and one pir! And yes it’s chubb.

You mean ask for price for a maintenance contract without arc?
I’m guessing arc monitoring is easily gonna be £30+ now a days?

Wouldnt bother with arc unless your insurance requires it. Just get a quote to upgrade it to a v10 with app and maint contract. we are about 14 a month for contract with app, replacement parts and any self inflicted system issues charged extra

Wouldnt bother with arc unless your insurance requires it. Just get a quote to upgrade it to a v10 with app and maint contract. we are about 14 a month for contract with app, replacement parts and any self inflicted system issues charged extra
At my new quoted prices it’s not worth it. Likely cut things back to..

Sounds like you have a standard contract that just covers an annual inspection if I’m right?
So any call-outs are not covered.
£168 seems abit much for what you get? As a typical service might only be £50-70.

Thanks for the advice. Gonna try get some quotes on the upgraded panel, and see if I can get some quotes contract prices to takeover things.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back