Pension credits

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A month ago HM Revenue and Customs wrote to my wife saying she may due to an increase in her state pension has she never claimed for the credits whilst she was caring for our late son who passed a way after a long illness in 2008. She never claimed for the allowance which she was due and that’s why she didn’t get the pensions credits for those years. As a result she only gets less than half the state pension.
I duly on her behalf completed the online form and received a reply asking for proof that our son got Disability Living Allowance, which he did for many years.
After many hours on the phone with our GP, PCSE, Motobility, and various other government agencies it seems nobody can help.
The Doctors have retired, the surgery have no records, etc etc
I know it’s a long shot but has anybody out there had any experience of a similar matter and if so can they help.
It’s not the end of the world in the great scheme of things but I feel strongly, that whilst she is not bothered, she deserves that for all the hours she spent caring for our son.
I would imagine if I owed tax they would be able to find records.

Sponsored Links
The banks are the worst, tried but you wouldn't believe the excuses they come up with ,data protection act is the best one. Still trying with them, but thanks for the suggestion.

The banks are the worst, tried but you wouldn't believe the excuses they come up with ,data protection act is the best one. Still trying with them, but thanks for the suggestion.
Go into the bank in person, with ID, and explain the situation. Make an appointment.

Sponsored Links
Go into the bank in person, with ID, and explain the situation. Make an appointment.
That's one way, but the bank is First Direct, yes I know it a subsidiary of HSBC.
But that's just another another bottleneck.

Bereavement support team might be able to help.

They are generally staffed by people who listen, and know how to get answers

Bereavement support team might be able to help.

They are generally staffed by people who listen, and know how to get answers
Now I hadn't thought about that, thank you. It does however not seem right, if you get me , to be taking the time up of a dept who should be dealing with clients who are grieving.

In such a case involving multiple public agencies, you might find a note to your local MP helps. They can be very good at short-circuiting the bottlenecks in deserving cases.

Now I hadn't thought about that, thank you. It does however not seem right, if you get me , to be taking the time up of a dept who should be dealing with clients who are grieving.
Yes, I understand. But that department is set up exactly to deal with the awkward situations that deaths cause

In such a case involving multiple public agencies, you might find a note to your local MP helps. They can be very good at short-circuiting the bottlenecks in deserving cases.
I have contacted my local MP. Still waiting for a response. Thanks for your suggestion

Sponsored Links
Back