Modular tool storage system for inside a wardrobe cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have two Ikea wardrobe cupboards (outside measurements: 50cm width, 60cm depth. Internal measurements about 45cm width, 55cm depth). I'd like to utilise this to storage my various DIY and garden tools. Are there any modular tool storage systems that would allow me to utilise the space?

A photo of one of the cupboards, the other is very similar. All the shelves and rails can be removed so it can start from just an empty "box"

1709973974722.png

Sponsored Links
Open storage on shelves in the garage is the best way I have found, it means the items can be seen and accessed quickly. Plus a go to tool box for the range of items you would normally call on, which has the advantage of portability.

If you use library strips down the sides, you can reposition shelves with ease any time you want.

I see your one has lots of holes so in your case not necessary

A tall cabinet can bow out to the sides if overfilled, so useful to have at least one central shelf fixed to brace the sides together

I also like the extra-wide opening hinges for the doors.

Sponsored Links
Get some Euro boxes.

Set the chipboard shelves to suit whatever boxes you choose. Stick some PTFE on the chipboard.

You'll need to work around the hinges.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back