Honeywell Reson8 Bellbox Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a Honeywell Reson8 Bell Box which generally behaves but in the hotter weather the bell box and alarm panel goes off around the same time each day and results in my having to put the alarm panel into Engineering Mode until late afternoon when it becomes cooler. Lately the alarm has been going off in the early hours too and so I want to temporarily disable the tamper in the bell box to confirm whether it's the bell box tamper that's the issue.

Question is how do I go about bypassing the Bell Box tamper circuit from the alarm panel? I've attached the wiring configuration below but I'm unsure what I need to do.

Any help would be much appreciated.

wiring.png

Sponsored Links
Adjust the tamper switch as it’s too close to any expansion by the sun / heat ….

A….Make sure if it’s got a back tamper it’s not on. Motar joint …B…….front tamper ….if it’s a spring , stretch the spring to make a solid close contact , if it’s a microswitch again bend the arm outwards for a good close contact …

Sponsored Links
A….Make sure if it’s got a back tamper it’s not on. Motar joint …B…….front tamper ….if it’s a spring , stretch the spring to make a solid close contact , if it’s a microswitch again bend the arm outwards for a good close contact …
Thanks Sparkymarka, will have a good look at the weekend and check the tampers.. In the meantime if I wanted to bypass the tamper to the bell box, given the above diagram what would I need to do? Do I need to remove the the tamper return and put a link between the T and A at the main panel?

Yes thats correct. This will not stop the bell box sounding if the tamper switch opens, but it will not generate an alarm on the control panel.

Thanks Bigsosij.

So is there no way of disabling the tamper circuit in the bell box then? I'm going to get up and have a look at the bell box at the weekend but in the meantime if the alarm keeps going off randomly I was hoping I could disable the tamper circuit on the bell box at the main panel.

I am not familiar with this kind of bell box but u would have to short out the tamper switch/wiring in the box its self. It may just be a spring on the board

Hi, I have the same bell box and matching control panel. Been working well until mid last year when the alarm started to go off at different times in the day when not even set. This seemed like a tamper issue. I put the alarm in engineering mode to stop the noise. Its been that way for months until last evening when I heard a slight noise. it was the bell box sounder going off but quietly. I had to remove the power to the bell box inside the control panel to stop it. I have a spare control panel PCB which I am going to swap out to make sure it is not this. also I will disable all tampers from the control panel. If the fault persists then I think a new bell box will be fitted and then re-instate the tamper and hope the fault does not come back. Very frustrating as it always picks the worst time when you can't get up a ladder to check out the issue. Its like its haunted and just won't give up!

It is spring front and back but mine is fine and not on the edge of going off so I think mine is a Bell box issue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back