Here's a weird one

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This doesn't make sense.

House Area A (keypad area A only)
Garage Area B (keypad area B only)

Only area A has a part set (with "part armed" text banner).

When I fully arm the garage (area B), from the app, it shows up as "Part armed" on Area A keypad (no entry/exit door opened/closed in garage).

I know there's an option...
01 Auto part arm in area options and if this was set for Area B then I'd expect the behaviour I'm getting. However, this option isn't set for any Area in area options so why is it displaying the house "part armed" text banner even though the app shows the garage (B) is fully armed??

It doesn't make any sense!

Sponsored Links
The full system is part set ….there is an option to turn this off …but don’t you find it useful to see if the garage is set without going onto the APP

The full system is part set ….there is an option to turn this off …but don’t you find it useful to see if the garage is set without going onto the APP
Sparky, I see your point about it being useful. However, if my house is unarmed but my garage is full armed and the house keypad says "part-armed" me and the wife + kids are unsure if it's the house part-armed or the garage full armed.

Also, are you saying that if the opposite case is true i.e. house fully armed but garage unarmed the House keypad will still display "part-armed" because the whole system isn't fully armed?

What option turns this off?

Is it this option in global options?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240401_182959_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20240401_182959_Word.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 17
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back