Gtech HT20 constant jamming

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gtech HT20 which immediately jams as soon as it is used to try to trim anything. I've looked at the blades and nothing seems wrong and they will move ok when not trimming

I've tried taking it apart to look at the belts, I've removed all the torx screws on the bottom, but am having a job getting the bottom cover off (I've already broken a tab trying to get it off).

Am I missing something or do I just need to use more force?
See pics attached.

Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• side view.jpg
    side view.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 31
  • bottom view.jpg
    bottom view.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 27
  • top view.jpg
    top view.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 33
Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply.
Yes that is my last option to replace the head assembly, but I wanted to have a look inside to see if it is just a case that a drive belt or something simple needs replacing

I've never looked at one. My Bosch is easy to access, but it seems G-tech don't want you to do that unless you can figure it out yourself. I also thought that there was new legislation that said assemblies had to be repairable but not sure if it has not come into effect yet or companies are just choosing to ignore it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies
I'd seen the first link before and had tried to follow the instructions for getting to the belt, I'd removed the 6 torx screws, but couldn't see a "silver locking lug" I'll try pming @mickcoulson thanks

Ok I'm a dufus.
Squeezing in at both sides the very obvious bright green latch at the front you take off the blade section which then uncovers the four other torx screws underneath removing the underneath section. Six plastic tabs can then be eased with a screwdriver, popping the top off and giving access to the two drive belts.
The larger drive belt has a 2cm section where the teeth had totally worn off, so I've bought a replacement online

Thanks again for the replies guys

Maybe gtech are like festool, the green parts are functional switches, catches etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back