Front Fogs

Sparkoda Octavius asked :-
"The A46. Is that the road that links M5 & 40 or the lincoln/leicester road?"

Nah,I mean A46, twixt A4 & A420 .... Nearer the latter.
God's own country.

P

Sponsored Links
Adam

They're not legal mate. When you buy them, there is usually a warning that they can only be operated on private land. They are not legal for a public highway.

Rozzer is Cockney slang for police (from 19th C of unknown origin)

securespark said:
Adam

They're not legal mate.

Petrol I am not sure about.

For an electric vehicle, it is legal provided that the maximum powered speed is no greater than 15mph, the motor power output is no more than 200 watts, and the rider is 14 years or older. No tax, insurance, licence or helmet is required. That's the law as it stands today.

I investigated this very thoroughly when between the ages of 14 and 17 as I had designs on building such a vehicle back then :D They come under the same laws as the Sinclair C5 and any power-assisted bicycles you see on the roads.

Sponsored Links
I had a mystery solved today...

The past few weekends I have been woken up by what sounded like someone mowing the lawn with a petrol mower. I would look out of the window to try and see who it was, nothing. Just kids playing on their bikes in the street.

This morning, I realised the noise WAS one of the kids! Does anyone know what this is? My grandad told me about a device called "King of the Road" that was a small petrol engine to strap to a bike, but I can't imagine this is what I am hearing as the kid is about 9 years old. Is there some kind of motorbike sound-effects unit that measures the speed of the bike? Only it does seem dependent on his speed!

Whatever it is, it's bl**dy loud!

Well, Adam, if they can make petrol scooters, I'm sure someone makes an engine to strap on (ooh err) to a bike (ooh err again!)

Yes, but the lil' dude's about 9 years old! I wouldn't give a 9 year old a motor! :eek:

Which is why I was thinking maybe it was some new accessory where there was a speed sensor on the wheel, connected to a box that made the engine sound depending on speed. Seeing as there are so many parents on here someone must have heard of it if this is the case! :D

Sponsored Links
Back