Front Door fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Wondered if someone has experience in this area and could shed some light on what I think is shoddy workmanship.

Moved into my new build home around 18 months ago and have since had problems with my front door. I am not on my 3rd new front door due to bowing. The remedial works technician fitted the door on behalf of Keepmoat homes and not the door and windows company due to problems with the quality of fitment. However, the new frame and door have been put in and it just looks very shoddy and a lot of cloaking has been used on top of the frame. I am thinking of going back to the builder but I’ve just got to the point where I’m losing patience. An opinion on it it would be great but in comparison to everyone else’s front door on the estate, it looks shocking.

Attachments

• IMG_7226.jpeg
    IMG_7226.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 66
Sponsored Links
F#ck me upside down!
Tell the builder to employ a professional and get rid of the silicone stock somewhere else.

To be fair, the remedial works technician followed the jagged brickwork...

Maybe ask for the door and frame to be removed and for someone competent to straighten up the brickwork before refitting the frame.

Sponsored Links
The nature of the blocks (or bricks) used means they're a bit lumpy bumpy but the mastic as it joins the door frame could be a perfect line which would lessen the effect, it doesn't need to bow in and out like a bow legged woman.

Anyway I don't think this is the problem the OP is experiencing, perhaps they @Leon96 could elaborate ......

The nature of the blocks (or bricks) used means they're a bit lumpy bumpy but the mastic as it joins the door frame could be a perfect line which would lessen the effect, it doesn't need to bow in and out like a bow legged woman.

Anyway I don't think this is the problem the OP is experiencing, perhaps they @Leon96 could elaborate ......

Some of those bricks look like they deviate by up to 20mm at the edges. Are they really supposed to be like that?

I have never seen that brick type- I just assumed that they had been cut badly.

Regardless, yeah, a line of masking tape would have helped to generate a straight line.

that silicone is awful, even a small white quadrant trim would have looked better , or if as others saw , masking tape!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back