Foam guns that can be stripped down

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My first foam gun was a basic Bond-It gun that had a plastic ball bearing (it was free with a case of Bond-It foam. I tried to strip it down but the plastic ball could not be removed.

My next purchase was a cheap gun from Amazon. I liked the fact that it had tapered nozzles. I found those to be very useful.

I lack discipline. After having left the foam canister connected for a few months. It would not work. I tried to strip it down but the rivets on the weird handle fell off and it wasn't possible to remove the pin.

I want another gun with both straws and tapered nozzles. Ideally, I would like to be able to source both the tapered nozzles and straws as and when the need arises.

On Amazon, I can get a Bond-IT "professional" gun for £12.45- not sure how reliable it is though, sounds too cheap and has some negative reviews.

Am currently looking at another Chinese gun, at £18, but not sure if it can be stripped down completely.

I am happy to pay more, but only if I can leave the foam canister connected for a couple of months, or even a couple of weeks, knowing that I will have to scrape away any build up where the needle comes out of the nozzle.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I leave my gun with the can on in the use position, sometimes for 6 months or even longer. There are some who say this is the wrong way up but I have found this the least troublesome way.
Edit: I did a vid several years back. https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/foam-guns.540955/post-4584386

Realising that I needed a new gun today. I opted for the cheaper of the two Roughneck ones at Toolstation (£25).

It is the "contractor" grade gun. Only the needle and canister holder are PTFE. It does however look like it can be completely stripped down, even the "spout" can be removed from the body. Neither of my other two had that feature. A tad concerned that the ball bearing seems to be plastic rather than metal.

Importantly, it is supplied with two long plastic tubes and two cone tubes.

The instructions recommend leaving canisters connected for 30 days. I am gonna see how far I can push that.

Will check your vid later, many thanks.

Thanks, the spec says nothing about the build quality and it doesn't seem to have the cones or bendy tubes.

BTW, Selco is chuffin' expensive for tools (by and large) and although I do have a Selco trade account, I would rarely consider buying tools from them.

The same gun is available for half the price (including delivery) elsewhere, eg

https://www.cityplumbing.co.uk/p/ge...woZB06jaDbncNlp13MK140TMEoxAgJHph0jIx5BPrZe6c

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back