Faulty pressure washer

Hmm, there's another wire into the motor - couldn't see the black one before.
Looks like red and black are the mains in, and blue and white are the capacitor connections. Not sure how that will be wired internally.

Checking the pressure switch should be easy - just check for a circuit between it's terminals. You can temporarily bypass (and see if the machine runs without it) it by connecting the red wire from the motor directly to the switch where the blue wire from the pressure switch is connected.

Sponsored Links
Not impossible, but it would need measurements to determine that.
What test equipment do you have, hopefully a DMM (Digital Multimeter) ?
Disconnect either of the wires from the capacitor (so it can't upset the results), set your meter on resistance, and (with the unit unplugged from the mains) measure the resistance between the red and black wires to the motor. I would expect to get a reading in the single digit to teens of ohms. If it's open circuit then that suggests the main winding is broken.
While you are at it, you could also try measuring all combinations - ie as well as red-black, measure red-white, red-blue, black-white, black-blue, blue-white.

I will give this a go. I've got a dmm. I'm not a pro at using it i will let you know.
Thanks for the help its appreciated

Sponsored Links
At 200 red and black to motor measures 1.3
Red and blue 4.4
Red and white 0.3
Black blue 3.2
Black and white 1.5
Black and red 1.5
Blue white 4.8

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back