EURO 46 - Engineer Code?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had an EURO 46 alarm with ARC monitoring. But due to increasing costs proposed by our provider (£37), its getting a bit much.
If i was to leave the our provider, is there anything i need to consider doing on the alarm or would everything continue to work as bells only with the current setup?
Or would it likely be the case that the alarm causes faults or alerts as its not longer connected to the ARC based on the current configured setup? i.e. i need another installer to re-config things correctly for bells only.

This i assume leads to the issues of not having the relevant engineer code. Is there an option to factory reset the panel to restore the engineer code (obviously everything connected would have to be re-programmed).
Would that be my only option?

Cheers,
hy

Sponsored Links
£37 is that annually or monthly and what are you getting for that exactly?

App subscription or ARC monitoring?

Any installer should be able to take it over you need to ask them how ,icy it would cost, but your existing provider could make it bells only easily enough.

£37 is that annually or monthly and what are you getting for that exactly?

App subscription or ARC monitoring?

Any installer should be able to take it over you need to ask them how ,icy it would cost, but your existing provider could make it bells only easily enough.
At the moment I’m paying £17 per month but will be increasing in May to £37 per month for Arc monitoring and comprehensive maintenance (includes 2 inspections annually, unlimited call outs and covers all equipment if faulty)

No app subscription, as my alarm doesn’t support this. The provider is Chubb.

I’m just looking for prior advice on cancellation of our contract.
Will i need someone to reconfigure our alarm after the contract ends? Or can it work without issue as bells only without reconfiguring.

I don’t have the engineer codes so trying to understand if I’ll need to likely pay our current providers call-out fees to reconfigure it (ie default engineer code and stop it connecting to arc).
Or could a new provider do the work instead?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back