Electrolux ER7826 fridge/freezer warm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Recently obtained an Electrolux ER7826 Fridge freezer, as I managed to break my last one defrosting it!

Popped it into place two days ago and turned it on, leaving it on number 2 as it had no food in it. Came to it today and the fridge was at 11 degrees, freezer at -22, and compressor wasn't running, and the radiator on the back was at ambient. The back of the inside of the fridge (at the top) had frozen droplets, but the middle (above the glass shelf) felt very warm. Turned the thermostat up and it refused to run again, so turned it off, and back on after an hour and it started running and is now cooling again. I've now left it on number 6 until it cools the fridge down for the food I've just bought!!

Interestingly, the middle bit that's warm (above the drain hole) is also warm when the compressor is running...... So does it have a defrost function and is it stuck on or is this just how these work? Maybe a faulty thermostat calling for defrost all the time?

Appreciate this fridge freezer is 20 years old, it's only meant as a stop gap... So the cheaper fix the better.

Cheers!

Bob

Edit: believe I've partially answered my own question, I followed the users manual and turned on the low ambient temp switch (for below 16C, as it's in the kitchen next to the window)... Which I believe explains the hot back!

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back at 9C this morning. Moving the dial round doesn't make it start back up.

Presumably thermostat is faulty so found one for not much money to try... Fingers crossed!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back