Deciding between drill/driver holster or hook.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
Wondering for those out there that have a toolbelt, what do you use for your 18v drill or driver? I'm buying a tool belt as tired of making holes in my pockets and not being able to carry what I need. Anyway, I'm not sold on a drill holster as it seems like the weight of the battery will not result in the holster holding securely and the drill will fall out if knocked or I end up bending over a lot. Sure there is a clip but I know I won't end up using it as I'll need to use this one handed (and I know I'm lazy). So I saw the gorilla hook which securely holds the drill or driver but it seems like it can move around a lot (but not fall out) which may become annoying.
Basically I'm unsure on both now. I like the idea of the holster but the security of the hook. Does anyone have some pearls of wisdom?
Thanks
Alan

Sponsored Links
a DIYer , I looked into the hook or the holster and ended up uying 2 toughbuilt holsters to go on my Belt & Braces combination I have - and used them outside a few times - found that useful
I saw quite a few reviews of the hook and watched some video, as i say i ended up with 2 holsters - 1 for Drill and 1 for impact driver
as i say only used twice so far and been OK
Not yet used indoors

I guess that your drill doesn't have a belt hook?

Sponsored Links
It does but those are not that secure if getting knocked or for weird angles.
I went with the hook and will see how it works.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back