Curved cut on skirting when cutting 45 degree mitre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new top-of-the-range Bosch Mitre saw. When I cut a bevel for exterior and interior corners on skirting I get a slight curve on the skirting toward the entrance cut. Everything checks out in terms of alignment (blade, guards, rails, and markers). Have even placed wood underneath in case it was a 'starter' curve, and have cut at various speeds. Would appreciate some suggestions.

Attachments

• 20240221_120838[1].jpg
    20240221_120838[1].jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
There is always some play in the handle, apply pressure as lightly as possible on and through the downward cut where blade meets wood. Cutting the next mitre from the other end might cancel out the slight curve.

is the material 100% flat ??
if it rocks at all through the cut or cups up can effect the path or the look off the cut
also iff the work is not fully supported both sides the weight can lift and push the blade out off line
and by fully supported i mean when the blade finishes the cut nothing moves

Thanks chaps. Ive tried and checked your suggestions and in the end sent it off to Bosch. It came back with 'checked no fault' on a note - unfortunately no explainations or suggestions. It also came back loose on a box and now dosnt start properly :(. Off to Bosch again. Im pretty unimpressed. Ive always have Bosch and DeWalt and I spent the money to get a decent finish. Very disappointed with them. Thanks for your help though

Sponsored Links
You need to use the sliding action and progress very slowly.
Failing that, just work out what angle you need to set the plate (looks like a couple of degrees.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back