Creda Hallmark 49513 timer problem stopping ovens coming on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our electric cooker has a recurring problem, the ovens (and lights next to knobs) stop coming on, apparently because of a problem with the timer which has been accidentally put on/off?not sure, during cleaning - I have managed to find the original instruction booklet online but the control panel on the model in the booklet is slightly different to mine. The timer is a different design. Hmm. Bad luck.
I managed to fix it last time by fiddling with the knobs in a random fashion but that isn't working this time. I even got an electrician in and he had no idea what was wrong with it.

There is a main clock with a simple alarm on it.
To the right of that there are two smaller clock dials, one says 'STOP' with 'PUSH FOR MANUAL' under it and the other dial says 'START'.
It appears to be the case (according to the instruction booklet online) that the setting is supposed to be on MANUAL so I pushed, as directed, but it doesn't do anything to change anything.
Does anyone have any ideas?
It seems a shame to spend a lot of money on getting a leccy out again (given that last time they did nothing anyway) and if I don't fix it, I'll have to buy another cooker or else we won't be able to have any roast dinner on Christmas day....sob.
Cheers! Nic

Sponsored Links
Hmm, have u got a photo of the dials? Would be helpful... I beleive its on timer - my mums had this issue, i had to press the dial in and turn till i heard a click - then the cooker worked as normal - but unless i see a photo of yours, i cant be sure.. others on here might know that model?

To fix this problem, you need to get someone to disconnect and bypass the timer permanently. A small cost of 1hr labour for someone who knows what they are doing.

Otherwise, even if you get it working by various combinations of the knobs, this problem will happen again and again.

Both helpful solutions. Thanks!
I tried the 'press in and wait' solution but no 'click' I'm afraid. I'm happy to pay an electrician if i know that they will be able to do something so maybe I will just go for that. I suspect the reason that the model in the instruction booklet had a slightly different timer system is because of this very problem...

Sponsored Links
You need a appliance repairman not an electrician. Have you tried speaking to the manufacturer technical department?

Hmmm tried again and there was a click but still dead oven dials. Very frustrating.

Yes spoke to the creda company helpline and they could send someone out. I thought the instruction booklet would solve the problem so didn't book a repair but as it refers to a different design of control panel it didn't help. How much do you think it should cost for someone to come out and disconnect the timer?

Yes spoke to the creda company helpline and they could send someone out. I thought the instruction booklet would solve the problem so didn't book a repair but as it refers to a different design of control panel it didn't help. How much do you think it should cost for someone to come out and disconnect the timer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back