Corner of two sets of lath - stud is behind the corner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plaster was coming away on this wall so I've stripped it all away. I now want to attach plasterboard but at the corner where the two walls meet the stud is behind the level of the right hand wall. When I come to try to secure the plasterboard, I don't know how I'm going to secure the edges. Working from the left, there is no gap between the two sets of lath to fit plasterboard in between, and if I fix the board so that it meets the right-hand lath, then the edge will have no stud to secure to.
Is there any way I can create a secure corner that both sides of plasterboard will be able to attach to?

FJIMG_20240409_225011.jpg
IMG_20240409_201915.jpg

Sponsored Links
Take down all the laths - it's really not that much effort - and it makes excellent fire wood!
If the prongs on a hammer don't get rid of all the nails, a tack lifter will take up the stubborn ones.
It's also gives you an opportunity to fit insulation in the voids, this can help with heat retention and may help reduce noise.

Thanks Grinch! But even once I've removed the laths how will I fix two sides of plasterboard onto the one stud in that corner?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back