Copying/pasting text

Sponsored Links
Sometimes it is a lot easier to copy text from a displayed post, if only a snippet is needed, than clicking copying from the quoted text and then cancelling the non-reply.
I Agree. It's a pity there isn't a "multi-quote" facility.

Please remove the useless, annoying and time-wasting feature which adds "Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=......" when the text is then pasted into the post where it's wanted.
Never seen that! When, exactly, does it occur?

Copy and paste more than a few words from a post and it magically appears in the clipboard. It's very annoying.

Sponsored Links
Text when I use the Quote button:

it magically appears in the clipboard
Never found any need to use it!
That's odd, because you use it every time you copy and paste.
Really?

I just highlight the text, then use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste. Never seen the offending words.

Found it!

If I highlight the text, right click and click "Copy", the message does appear.

Text when I highlight your words and use CTRL-C / V:

---------------------------
Really?

I just highlight the text, then use Ctrl+C to copy and Ctrl+V to paste. Never seen the offending words.

Found it!

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1954598#1954598#ixzz1JECxkc2h

Text when I highlight your words and use the mouse buttons to copy & paste:

Really?

Found it!

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1954598#1954598#ixzz1JECxkc2h

In the next update an option to disable this will be added. I'll let you know when this has been done.

This option to switch this off is now available here under advanced copy/paste.

Great - done that, thanks.

Now see the next problem (new topic).

Nothing to do with this, but I needed two topics to demonstrate it, so this is as good a one as any to use for one of them.

Sponsored Links
Back