Conventional Smoke on Galaxy Dimension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I brought two Global Fire ZEOS C conventional multisensors to put up and I've spent all day trying to get them to work with my Dimension 264 panel - or at all - with no luck.

They have diode bases and I believe they are two-wire sensors, which I am not familiar with.
I will be wiring each sensor on separate zones.

I have tried using a 1K resistor between terminals 3 and 4 as per the schematic, the Galaxy is configured for "Option 09 - 1k Fault Double-balanced (default)"
I would get either O/C Tampers or S/C Tampers on the zone. With one configuration (which I cannot remember, regrettably) I did manage to get the zone to say Closed but it wouldn't respond to the sensor activating.

I've gotten to the point of trying to meter it on the bench without being able to work out how it works.

I have other Apollo smokes installed using relay bases, but I could not get them for this sensor from the distributor I was using and decided to try without.

I do have a negative-trigger dual relay module available if it helps.

1711228591644.jpeg

ZEOS C - Global Fire Equipment (globalfire-equipment.com)
I'd like some advice with trying to get these to work if at all possible.

If there's anything else I can add please let me know!
Kind regards

Sponsored Links
You have answered your own question….it needs relay bases ….smokes are normally open going closed in alarm ( via 680 /470 ohm resistor in most cases)

Sparkymarka, would you have any idea if it's possible to DIY a relay "base" and how I could wire this if possible?

The GFE relay is definitely unavailable everywhere as far as I can tell.
Cheers

Sponsored Links
It can be done , you just need the correct relay / coil , how deep are the bases on the new smoke detectors ? As the relay bases tend to be deeper …

It can be done , you just need the correct relay / coil , how deep are the bases on the new smoke detectors ? As the relay bases tend to be deeper …
The bases are not deep at all, but I’m happy to do the relay at the panel end or in a box next to the smoke (loft space, not too worried about aesthetics)

Think you’re wasting your time as the spec sheet for this smoke alarm says it needs 17v minimum to work …just buy the proper item for the alarm …eg menvier M12 / texecom smoke ….or the Apollo relay base and S65 heads

Think you’re wasting your time as the spec sheet for this smoke alarm says it needs 17v minimum to work …just buy the proper item for the alarm …eg menvier M12 / texecom smoke ….or the Apollo relay base and S65 heads
I did notice that it says that on the spec sheet but on the bottom of the head it says minimum voltage 10v up to 30v. Not great organisation.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back