Concrete Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Whats the best way to dig up a concrete floor?

Sponsored Links
Hire a kango breaker
Kango_1400.jpg

Do you mean floor screed ? Before you do this I need to know exactly what you want to do,otherwise you could damage the dpm.

Okay,why do you want to break up the concrete floor ?

Concrete flooring can be smooth,rough,brush finish or some stones showing on top.

Floor screed is made up with sharp sand and looks like sandpaper effect.

Sponsored Links
The floor is in the kitchen and very uneven. I considered putting down a self levelling compound before tiling, but this would make it significantly higher than the dining room which has a wooden floor.

Also, I'd like to sink the gas supply properly into the floor. Currently it runs under the wooden floor in the dining room into the kitchen at an angle bringing it up out of the floor, then it sinks down into the concrete again only to re-emerge about 6inches along.

Lara said:
Also, I'd like to sink the gas supply properly into the floor.
Before you do anything wait for a reply from some of our corgi reg plumber regarding your gas pipe.

They might need more info as to what you mean to sink the gas supply etc.

I am corgi registered, here is what you need

your gas pipe must be deep enough to avoid any for seeable damage to the floor. It must be wrapped in denzo tape or gaffa tape or anything to stop corrosion. It must be clearly labelled using gas ID tape and once the concrete has been laid, the concrete must be marked GAS and a small chalk line drawn in the direction following the gas supply. Also the pipe must be laid in a bed of sand. Well thats what we do i cant speak for anyone else, but if you want a first class job follow that and you will be fine, just make sure you dont do any gas work as it will effect your house insurance even if its been installed ok. Also pipe doesn't have to be too deep only a few inches but recommended 4 inches but thats quite hard to do if its tuff concrete, RENT A BREAKER OR kango! and check for pipes before you dig!

My company is taking work for june now and i assume most gas engineers are busy so start calling..

good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back