Coffe Machines(Espresso/Cappuchino)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a De Longhi Coffee Machine for a few years - It is OK but to be honest I am a bit dissappointed with its performance in that it does not producwe the characteristic 'Creme' on black coffee and the Frother is only just producing frothy milk of a sort.
I understand that a 15bar machine is essential for 'good' coffee and the DeLonghi machine is 15bar (or at least thats whet it says on the box). The frother is a stem generator and as such just how the likes of M&S or any of the professional coffee house produce the froth they do puzzles me.
I have read some requirements for good froth such as milk straight from the fridge and even warm milk and have tried it all without success with this Cheap DeLongi thingy.
I have no problem with the prices of the expensive machines such as Gaggia etc, my prob;em is that I want a machine which will produce a 'Creme' and good frothy milk.
A neighbour, who is into sales of professional coffee machines, only comes up with silly solutions such as a coffee machine which costs £1300, which to be honest is a bit over the top.
Can anyone advise on a 'Good' Coffee machine in the price upto say £400. which will produce a good 'Creme' and good 'Frothy' milk

Sponsored Links
Other half has a gaggia cubika (looks like thats what it says on the front anyway), think she got it direct from them.
Brilliant bit of kit. Not really a coffee lover myself, but this one chucks out a decent cuppa!

cubika.jpg350-01.jpg

skimmed milk froths better than milk with fat in it

(it also tastes better as the fat smothers the coffee taste. this is why restaurants like to serve cream with coffee, so you don't taste how bad it is.

p.s. if you can be bothered to grind the beans fresh yourself, it makes a dramatic improvement. I use a small Moulinex electric grinder when I can be bothered. It is much smaller than a blender attachment.

Other half has a gaggia cubika (looks like thats what it says on the front anyway), think she got it direct from them.
Brilliant bit of kit. Not really a coffee lover myself, but this one chucks out a decent cuppa!

cubika.jpg350-01.jpg
Looks a Nice unit. I trust it gives the Creme and a good Froth?

Sponsored Links
skimmed milk froths better than milk with fat in it

(it also tastes better as the fat smothers the coffee taste. this is why restaurants like to serve cream with coffee, so you don't taste how bad it is.

p.s. if you can be bothered to grind the beans fresh yourself, it makes a dramatic improvement. I use a small Moulinex electric grinder when I can be bothered. It is much smaller than a blender attachment.
I only use Skimmed Milk but still can't get a good frothy Milk. I take your point on Freshly Ground beans. I use Taylors of Harrogate Pre Groung coffee. It is a nice coffee but alas no Creme. I'll try the fresh grind approach

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back